Shane & Emily are the most hip duo from the Tampa Bay Area (or so I would say!). Shane & Emily are redefining what it means to live their dream life by not living by the “rules.” They have ditched the idea of buying a house, staying in one place, and following the current status quo of what you should be doing when you’re in your 20’s. Shane and Emily have taken the world into their own hands to live their dream life, continue working towards it everyday, and make an impact on the world through their craft.
Let me start off with saying that I don’t think that I would have wanted my first interview to be with any other. Shane and Emily were a delightful surprise to calm my nerves of my first Meet Me Monday series. They surprised me with the depth of their answers to the interview questions and brought a lot of laughter to the scene!
The energy that Shane and Emily generate with their pop/acoustic/ folk tunes is incomparable to another duo. I have found with my experience interacting with musicians is, many musicians are more worried about themselves than the audience they are performing too. Like Emily mentions in the interview, there are many musicians that are self-seeking, only worried about making a hit song or becoming famous. Shane and Emily’s mannerisms are far from self-seeking. When you come in contact with artists who are continuously working to better their craft for their audience, you can feel the passion radiate from their stage performance.
Below are a few key points you can learn from Shane and Emily’s Meet Me Mondays interview:
- It’s okay to live your dream life now, but you should always leave room to grow.
- Challenge yourself to live your dream life by trying new things and pushing yourself and others to get better at the craft.
- We should encourage others who are striving for similar goals as we are.
- Go out of your way to do something for other people. Not to find a benefit for yourself in the long run, but to genuinely help someone else out.
- Do something because you WANT to, not because this is how we are told it is done.
- There are no rules. When you find what your purpose is, you realize that you are the creator of the “rules.”
** Much love and appreciation to Shane & Emily for helping inspire the world with their outlook on their dream life. Check out Shane & Emily on all social media platforms listed below **