Homemade Belgian Chocolate Nutella Waffles
Do you know what my favorite part about lifestyle blogging is? I get to write about food – so what? That means I now have an excuse to guiltlessly eat MORE food… like com’on – I am living the dream.
How does this sound: waking up in the morning to a stack of Belgian chocolate waffles being warmed to a fluffy inside and crispy corners? Coming home from a solid day at work and all you can think about is chocolate for dinner (no shame)? I don’t see how either time of the day can get much better. I might not be there to make you your waffles upon awakening (future husband – I got you), BUT you can make them in under 10 minutes!
I fell in love with Nutella when I spent some time in Germany over the summer; I ate it EVERY morning for breakfast (no joke). Totally good for my health right? Actually, I inhaled it, spoonfuls of it. I’d wake up, make my pot of tea, sit down with every item in the pantry that had carbs and covered it with Nutella until I thought I was drowning in it. I might have bathed in Nutella – okay, not really, but I would be lying if I said I haven’t contemplated it….
With that being said, only make these for the people you love. What’s better than the people you love, carbs, chocolate, and warm Nutella topping? – Don’t fight me on this.
Most important item: WAFFLE MAKER
- 1.5 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 cup White Sugar
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Nestle Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Strawberries – whole heck of a lot
- Melted Nutella – whole heck of a lot
- Preheat waffle iron while you’re whippin’ up this magic. Grab a large bowl and dump in your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, and unsweetened cocoa). Mix mix mix.
- Stir in all your liquid ingredients (eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and butter). Stir together till it’s consistency is even, there are no clumps, and it’s a bit fluffy. This is your money – don’t mess it up (you can only mess it up if you use baking soda instead of baking powder – be aware, I’ve done this before.
- If your waffle iron isn’t non-stick, slap some Pam on that baby. Pour your money (mix) into that maker (get it? – it’s your money maker… no? Ok). Cook until edges are a bit crispy. While it’s cooking, put some Nutella in a little side bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds or until it is melted and slice up your strawberries.
- While your million dollar baby (the waffle, not me) is still warm, drizzle the Nutella (pour the Nutella if you’re not looking to share) so it drips perfectly into the indents, and garnish with strawberries!
P.s. Make a few batches of these and freeze them for quick and easy access 😉
Let me know in the comments that I’m not the only one who would bathe in Nutella… or at least tell me what your favorite type of Belgian waffle is!